emailabelay (at) mit (dot) edu
location_onStata Center G996
I am an assistant professor at MIT CSAIL
, where I work on operating systems, systems security, and networking. I specialize in building systems that cut across hardware and software boundaries to improve performance and security. Most recently, my research has focused on rethinking several layers of the system stack to make microsecond-scale distributed computing practical and efficient.
- Anish Athalye, Adam Belay, Frans Kaashoek, Robert Morris, Nickolai Zeldovich. Notary: A Device for Secure Transaction Approval. SOSP 2019.
- Amy Ousterhout, Adam Belay, Irene Zhang. Just In Time Delivery: Leveraging Operating Systems Knowledge for Better Datacenter Congestion Control. HotCloud 2019.
- Amy Ousterhout, Joshua Fried, Jonathan Behrens, Adam Belay, Hari Balakrishnan. Shenango: Achieving High CPU Efficiency for Latency-sensitive Datacenter Workloads. NSDI 2019.
- Kostis Kaffes, Timothy Chong, Jack Tigar Humphries, Adam Belay, David Mazières, Christos Kozyrakis. Shinjuku: Preemptive Scheduling for Microsecond-scale Tail Latency. NSDI 2019.
- Adam Belay, George Prekas, Mia Primorac, Ana Klimovic, Sam Grossman, Christos Kozyrakis, and Edouard Bugnion. The IX Operating System: Combining Low Latency, High Throughput, and Efficiency in a Protected Dataplane. TOCS 2016.
- George Prekas, Mia Primorac, Adam Belay, Christos Kozyrakis, and Edouard Bugnion. Energy Proportionality and Workload Consolidation for Latency-critical Applications. SOCC 2015.
- Adam Belay, George Prekas, Ana Klimovic, Sam Grossman, Christos Kozyrakis, and Edouard Bugnion. IX: A Protected Dataplane Operating System for High Throughput and Low Latency. OSDI 2014. Awarded best paper.
- Andrea Bittau, Adam Belay, Ali Mashtizadeh, David Mazières, Dan Boneh. Hacking blind. OAKLAND 2014.
- Adam Belay, Andrea Bittau, Ali Mashtizadeh, David Terei, David Mazièeres, Christos Kozyrakis. Dune: Safe User-level Access to Privileged CPU Features. OSDI 2012.
- David Wentzlaff, Charles Gruenwald Ⅲ, Nathan Beckmann, Kevin Modzelewski, Adam Belay, Lamia Youseff, Jason Miller, Anant Agarwal. An Operating System for Multicore and Clouds: Mechanisms and Implementation. SOCC 2010.
- Zain Ruan
- Josh Fried
- Amy Ousterhout (w/ Hari Balakrishnan)
- Jonathan Behrens (w/ Frans Kaashoek)
- Inho Cho (w/ Mohammad Alizadeh)