abelay (at) mit (dot) edu
Stata Center G996
I am an assistant professor at MIT CSAIL
, where I build systems that cut across hardware and software boundaries to improve performance and security. Before joining MIT, I completed my Ph.D. at Stanford University and spent a year at Google working on datacenter networking. Recently, my research has focused on making microsecond-scale distributed computing practical and efficient.
- Joshua Fried, Zhenyuan Ruan, Amy Ousterhout, and Adam Belay. Caladan: Mitigating Interference at Microsecond Timescales. OSDI 2020.
- Inho Cho, Ahmed Saeed, Joshua Fried, Seo Jin Park, Mohammad Alizadeh, and Adam Belay. Overload Control for µs-scale RPCs with
Breakwater. OSDI 2020.
- Zhenyuan Ruan, Malte Schwarzkopf, Marcos Aguilera, and Adam Belay. AIFM: High-Performance, Application-Integrated Far Memory. OSDI 2020.
- Jonathan Behrens, Anton Cao, Cel Skeggs, Adam Belay, Frans Kaashoek, and Nickolai Zeldovich. Efficiently Mitigating Transient Execution Attacks using the Unmapped Speculation Contract. OSDI 2020.
- Anish Athalye, Adam Belay, Frans Kaashoek, Robert Morris, Nickolai Zeldovich. Notary: A Device for Secure Transaction Approval. SOSP 2019.
- Amy Ousterhout, Adam Belay, Irene Zhang. Just In Time Delivery: Leveraging Operating Systems Knowledge for Better Datacenter Congestion Control. HotCloud 2019.
- Amy Ousterhout, Joshua Fried, Jonathan Behrens, Adam Belay, and Hari Balakrishnan. Shenango: Achieving High CPU Efficiency for Latency-sensitive Datacenter Workloads. NSDI 2019.
- Kostis Kaffes, Timothy Chong, Jack Tigar Humphries, Adam Belay, David Mazières, Christos Kozyrakis. Shinjuku: Preemptive Scheduling for Microsecond-scale Tail Latency. NSDI 2019.
- Adam Belay, George Prekas, Mia Primorac, Ana Klimovic, Sam Grossman, Christos Kozyrakis, and Edouard Bugnion. The IX Operating System: Combining Low Latency, High Throughput, and Efficiency in a Protected Dataplane. TOCS 2016.
- George Prekas, Mia Primorac, Adam Belay, Christos Kozyrakis, and Edouard Bugnion. Energy Proportionality and Workload Consolidation for Latency-critical Applications. SOCC 2015.
- Adam Belay, George Prekas, Ana Klimovic, Sam Grossman, Christos Kozyrakis, and Edouard Bugnion. IX: A Protected Dataplane Operating System for High Throughput and Low Latency. OSDI 2014. Awarded best paper.
- Andrea Bittau, Adam Belay, Ali Mashtizadeh, David Mazières, Dan Boneh. Hacking blind. OAKLAND 2014.
- Adam Belay, Andrea Bittau, Ali Mashtizadeh, David Terei, David Mazièeres, Christos Kozyrakis. Dune: Safe User-level Access to Privileged CPU Features. OSDI 2012.
- David Wentzlaff, Charles Gruenwald Ⅲ, Nathan Beckmann, Kevin Modzelewski, Adam Belay, Lamia Youseff, Jason Miller, Anant Agarwal. An Operating System for Multicore and Clouds: Mechanisms and Implementation. SOCC 2010.
- Zain Ruan
- Josh Fried
- Amy Ousterhout (w/ Hari Balakrishnan)
- Jonathon Behrens (w/ Frans Kaashoek)
- Inho Cho (w/ Mohammad Alizadeh)